Thursday, December 11, 2014

Fat Momma

Thanksgiving came in the way of my working out because we had family stay over. Some stayed in the basement where the treadmill was  and I didn't want to wake them up in the wee hours of the morning or late at night. Needless to say, my running was on hold.

I'm back at it this week. I even bought new workout clothes. I actually bought them to use as lounge wear as I am not really a fan of actual lounge wear. I gave up on the idea that I will have time to work out and work and take care of baby bear.

But then I realized I will never love myself unless I get back into shape. My self esteem relies heavily about how I feel  and look physically. Makeup doesn't make me look skinny. Running does.

So this week I've been getting up at 5:45 to run. Before my husband gets up to go to his work out. so that I am showered and ready by the time he has to leave and before Baby bear wakes up.  So far it's been working well.

The thing with me is I have to do it every day. If I make a commitment to do something every other day, I flake out and say I'll just do two days in a row next time and sleep in today. Then I never get back to it.

So now I committed to daily runs unless I am at work and can't do it or I'm in a place that doesn't have treadmills or I don't have anyone to watch Baby Bear while I run.

Working out in the morning is the best because I am not tired at the end of my long day at work - physically and mentally. Also it's easier to put things off if you don' get to them right away. Trust me. I have a huge list of things I need to get to but have been procrastinating.

In addition to running I do 100 squats every other day. I don't mind them I just find them boring. And for some reason time crawls by as I'm doing them. Next thing I plan to incorporate is the p90x ab riper every other day that I am not doing squats.

That and a healthier diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment